Sunday, August 9, 2009

Yukky!

2nd blood test this morning....yuk!

The 1st one Sophie got quite distressed because of my reaction - I'm actually quite phobic about needles and blood, so this time dosed myself up with Rescue Remedy (magic stuff!) and tried to remain calm and chatty. She was totally fine, saying 'Go Mummy Go!' all the way through and was actually quite fascinated by the blood filling the tube (I didn't look!!).

I think the ladies at this particular blood collection place are so wonderful - they never make a fuss when I say I need to have the blood taken while lying down, they never make me feel silly for having a fear about it all and they do it quickly and painlessly and try to distract Sophie as well - thanks ladies!!

So, all in all, it went well although I felt much better walking out (well almost running actually!) than I did walking in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment